Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Israel- Day 1, part 3

2 funnies, and a really cool....

We went to this fish restaurant to have a traditional fish fry beside Peter's fishing village. I'm from KY, I hear fish fry the operative word is FRY. They bring out this.....




I DO NOT like my dinner staring back at me! Being good sports, we dug in, anyway- after hiding the fishes eyes with our lemon! It wasn't bad, just not good. I have video proof, Branden....I really did eat it! Actually, most of the food here is amazing!! I'm gaining 5 pounds a day in hummus alone!



And here's the really cool part- we got to be baptized in the Jordan river. My dad and Papaw got to baptize me- really, really neat. One of the most meaningful things I've ever done. Then, just to be sure it took, me and my sister dunked each other. Shhh- don't tell the Baptists! They'll kick us out-letting women baptize. Craziness, I tell you!

After all this , we get to the hotel and go for a walk- and find this in our hotel. Why? Who knows? But I thought you'd get a kick out of a Texas Saloon in the middle of Israel!


Tomorrow we go to the Armagedon site (likely), Caesarea Philippi, and Nazareth. REALLY excited!!

No comments: