Wednesday, October 27, 2010

First Full Day- Part One

It started off with a beautiful sunrise over the sea of Galilee. Thanks to jet lag, I was up to watch it! Then we headed off to the place where Jesus taught the Sermon on the Mount. Me, my mom and my sister got to read the Beatitudes there. Of course I cried....Mine to read was, 'blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Don't I know that first hand!! It was so beautiful to be there, looking over the Sea of Galilee, reading the words of Jesus!


And here I am doing my ritual cleansing. Yes, I know I'm not Jewish- but it's kind of fun! The receptionist at dinner taught us how, so now we do it before each meal- three scoops over each hand, in case you are wondering!!


Everything is so close together- we drove to where Peter lived (and likely Jesus for several years) in Capernaum, down to Mary Magdalene's hometown, the place where Jesus healed the blind man (one of them!) in Bethsaida, and where he fed the 5,000......and never travelled more than 10 miles! His ministry really took place in an area smaller than my hometown (and that's small!), yet it impacted the world. Just amazing!!!
More to follow- I didn't want to overwhelm the hotels internet with too many pictures!

No comments: