Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Final day in Israel

This was actually one of the last pictures of the day, but I want to start by showing the Bedoin camp we passed- we saw several. Hard to believe they can make a living like that- but there were some nice cars parked in front of those sheds at some camps!

This is our visit to the Garden Tomb- the other likely site of Calvary and the empty tomb. This is the famous 'skull' photo- interesting, but not what grabs my attention. The geography fits pretty well for this site- or it did 2000 years ago. I don't think we are meant to know where it happened. Just like the Ark of the Covenant and other relics- it's too easy for people to begin to worship the relic/site and take their eyes off the Savior. So God, in His wisdom, hides them or leaves questions as to the exact location. We are meant to live by faith, yes?


This is what my mother came for- to see the empty tomb- if it's not the real one- it's a very real-feeling one. To stand there, in that spot.... to go in and see....nothing! We had communion beside the tomb and sang hymns- I will never forget it as long as I live.




And the reason for the peace and joy in my heart- and my knowledge that I'll see my Nana and Mamaw one day....

No comments: