Saturday, December 15, 2007

We're going to Vietnam!!

We finally muddled through the mess that is USCIS in Hanoi (with A LOT of help from our congressmam!!) and got our I600 approval letter Wednesday morning (the 12th). I'd been waking up every morning at 5:30am since we received Vietnam's travel approval- November 29th. The embassy in Hanoi closes at 5:30am our time, so I knew that if I didn't have an email from them I wouldn't hear anything til the next morning. It was an aweful way to start every day- and I was so very tired!! But all that is behind us because--WE ARE GOING TO VIETNAM!! We have our Giving and Receiving in January 8th and are traveling the Saturday before. We will get our formal itenerary later, but it is so nice to finally have a date to circle on the calendar! We have some friends who have become very dear to us that are still waiting on that elusive approval, so please send some prayers their way- it would be nice to join up with them in Hanoi. I will leave you with the strangest pictures of the girls- over Thanksgiving we went to a cabin my Grandaddy has. A wild grouse has decided he really likes the family and comes when called and plays with the kids . It's so very strange- but perfect for my kids who love all animals!! So, I leave you with pictures of two of the sweetest, funniest, strangest, amazing kids I have known- they are my joy.


No comments: