Tuesday, September 4, 2007


So, not sure how to change the dates on these posts. I had saved them but not posted them until today, and they are showing todays date. Anyway, here goes---

Our son has a name!! He'll be called Isaac Tuan Minh. We recently found out that Tuan is said as Toon- and very nasal. No way we are going to be able to say that properly. But, we will try, especially if he seems to need to hold on to his name for awhile. It was impertant for us to keep his VN name, we wanted him to have something from his early days. Plus, I love that it means bright and intelligent! I had loved the name Isaac for so long, but it was never my husbands 1st choice. But after staring at his picture for WEEKS, it just fit him. The Vietamese attach such importance to names (so we are told) that we wanted to give his American name a lot of meaning. I, like Sarah in the Bible, laughed when God told me to build my family through adoption. Are you kidding me? I don't have the money, or the patience. I have two perfectly great children already! And my extended family will never approve. Seriously, God. But the more I tried to point out the ridiculousness of His plan, the more I heard Him say, "trust Me." My husband was going through the same thing. So, we took the leap. And what a faith-building journey it has been so far!! Funding showed up unexpectedly at just the right time. Family members have been supportive. And now I look at his face and I laugh for sheer joy-- I have a son! And I hope for Isaac, that he has a life of laughter. All that to say, I think we have the perfect name for our sweet boy! Now he just needs to hurry home!

No comments: